DAN’S DIAMONDS GATHERING
Saturday August 25, 2018: 10:00 AM to Noon
EXCLUSIVELY FOR INVITED PANCREATIC CANCER PATIENTS. Patients will meet with world renown oncologists Dr. Daniel Von Hoff and Dr. Erkut Borazanci along with Roger Magowitz and other invited guests. This will be a special time to share experiences, receive updates on the status of certain clinical trials and ask questions. Photos during the session will be taken by professional photographer, Debby Wolvos.
- Exclusively a private for patients if Dr. Daniel Von Hoff and Dr. Erkut Borazanci and invited guests
- Held at the Atlantic Room at the Boston Harbor Hotel
DUCK TOURS OF BOSTON
Departure Times 2:10 and 2:40 PM
Enjoy an amazing 80-minute tour of Boston’s most famous landmarks in a WWWII style amphibious landing vehicle that takes you on a journey of legendary sights of Boston on both land and water. Savor the views of historical places that made Boston the birthplace of freedom. After the land tour, splash into the Charles River for breathtaking scenes of the Boston and Cambridge skylines.
- Departure times will be at 2:10 and/or 2:40 depending upon number of participants
- Point of departure to be determined later
- Departure points will determine the specific landmarks that will in viewe
- For more details, see Boston Duck Tours Website
WELCOME “MEET & GREET” PARTY
Saturday August 25, 2018: 6:00 to 9:00 PM
The Welcome Party for Sponsors. Event Participants, Advocates and Staff will be held at the Boston Harbor Hotel Pavilion right on the edge of the Boston Harbor at Rowe’s Wharf near the front entrance to the hotel. Reunite with old friends and cultivate new friendships within the beauty, serenity, and sounds of an active harbor where the panoramic views are a special visual treat.
- Saturday August 25, 2018 from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
- Music and song entertainment by Baillie and the Boys and Alyssa Bonagura
- Buffet dinner served highlighted with a carving station
- Complimentary beer, wine, and soft drinks with a cash bar for cocktails
CONVERSATION LOUNGE and POKER TOURNAMENT
Saturday August 25, 2018: 9:00 PM to Midnight
Kickback and relax with casual conversation at the Atlantic Room at the hotel. If you’re in the mood to test your poker skills, signup to enter our poker tournament.
- 9:00 to Midnight in the Atlantic Room
- Cash bar available.
THOMPSON ISLAND CALM BAKE & LOBSTER FEAST
Sunday August 26, 2018
Board a private ferry for a 30-minute cruise through Boston Harbor to breathtaking Thompson Island, a natural paradise within the Boston Harbor National Park which comprises 30 islands. Upon arrival enjoy snacks with an open bar serving complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks, and water. Participate in some lawn games or just relax in colorful Adirondack chairs and relish the views of the spectacular Boston skyline across the harbor.
Savor a delicious New England style Clambake Lunch that includes a 1 1/2 pound lobster and other delicacies including fresh garden salad, homemade clam chowder, grilled chicken tips, corn on the cob. rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes, quinoa salad, bread sticks and delicious apple and blueberry pie. The open bar will be available for 2.5 hours.
- 10:15 AM meet in the Boston Harbor Hotel lobby
- 10:20 AM take a short walk along Long Wharf to board the private chartered boat
- After a 30-minute scenic cruise arrive at Thompson Island
- 12:00 Noon enjoy the Clambake and Lobster Lunch
- 1:30 PM the open bar closes
- 1:50 PM board the private chartered boat for the 30-minute return cruise
- 2:30 PM arrive back at the hotel after a short 10-minute walk along Long Wharf
#WhyWait COCKTAIL HOUR
Sunday August 26, 2018: 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Mingle. Renew friendships. Make new ones. The cocktail hour is exclusively reserved for guests that will attend The Discovery Dinner. World-famous trumpeter Jesse McGuire will be playing soft jazz. Enjoy an open bar and light appetizers before proceeding to the Discovery Dinner.
- 5:30 to 6:30 PM preceding the Seena Discovery Dinner
- In the Wharf Room Foyer directly adjoining the Wharf Room at the Boston Harbor Hotel
SEENA DISCOVERY DINNER: OUR MAIN EVENT
Sunday August 26, 2018: 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Time to celebrate and honor all sponsors, participants, and guests that share our common mission of fighting pancreatic cancer. All attendees can stand tall for your philanthropic support of medical research that extends quality life of patients, pursues an easy method of early detection, and the continued pursuit of an eventual cure of this most deadly of cancers. Be inspired by the words of Mark Quinn, President and CEO of Spink & Edgar USA and Derrick Hall, President and CEO of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
There will be a live auction of some incredible items. Our patient guests will share the stories and the Keynote Address will be given by Dr. Daniel Von Hoff who present some exciting news about the state of pancreatic cancer research.
- 6:30 to 9:00 PM
- Wharf Room at the Boston Harbor Hotel
- Gourmet Dinner served
- Open bar for your pleasure
- Individual tickets $300
- Various quantities of tickets are included in selected sponsor packages
GOLF TOURNAMENT AT WELLESLEY COUNTRY CLUB
Monday August 27, 2018
Information, Comments, or Questions About The Above Events
The above events and schedules are subject to change and modification as we get closer to the 16th Annual Seena Magowitz Golf Classic to be held August 25-27 in Boston. Check back frequently for updates.